Tandra
Ex bff was gushing about his friend who is a lucky dude as he is marrying a woman who loves to cook. I completely agree, not all of us are gifted that way, not all of us want to do the whole ironing, washing, cooking thing... we are too busy ruling the world :D

But that little bit reminded me of this time i went to this couple's house for dinner with my sister and her husband. Now, i had heard for a long time of the husbands ability to cook like a god so i figured i was in for a treat.

I must admit i was also a bit skeptical, cooking like a god does not translate into stunning edible food, u know, but then i had nothing to loose. Fortunately i'm one of those who can mix all sorts of food and get away with it.

The thing my relatives forgot to tell me about this house is, apparently you can tell who cooked so you know "what to expect". When the food was finally presented, it looked normal and i could not help but think "thats it??". It was all gravy until i landed on the juice, one of those dangerous concoctions...yes concoctions, not punch.

I filled my tumbler quarter way and went on my merry way. As we sat down i noticed my sister and her husband did not have juice but this did not overly concern me then. Later on as i took the first sip, i felt the heat of the eyes (as a result of their intently staring at me)and looked up to find them observing me amusedly.

My mother brought me up the right way, i struggled through the juice, asked what the ingredients were for future reference and off we went. when we got home, i asked them ((because they had just suffered through relatively dry food) why they had not had anything to drink.

Their answer: gwe, madam was cooking. We thought the juice might have worked for you,we did not want to spoil it for you. (((likely story!!!))

Moral of the story: Having your boo cook better than you is not necessarily a good thing.

Heard something interesting a while back. Apparently when you are married and you have an argument with your partner, it shows in the food you prepare.Interesting,yes?

OOO and just so you know, i did not hear that from only one person.
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    hahahahaha... you didn't click why they were giving you that look? must have tasted like some serious cough syrup.

    don't think i would mind my husband being a better cook because i can so beat him at baking.


  2. Samantha Says:

    I love it when I visit my sis and her husband rushes to the kitchen to prepare a meal for me. And he is a good cook. Then my sis says, "What about me? I'm also hungry."


  3. PakTeh Says:

    hello friend.. u hv a nice & interesting blog. :)

    greetings from malaysia.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Boo in kitchen? Snapoutofit! Every girl wants a man who can cook. I am looking for a maid who can cook.


  5. eddsla Says:

    this cooking thing for men is becoming more serious than i thought.
    am going for cooking lessons but..oba where?


  6. Anonymous Says:

    LOL at Kanzaali...
    Maid who can cook is a gem i tell you!!

    @Tandra...
    it definitely does help if i can cook better than her..

    only ish is when i get full of myself!!

    True Dat on the comment as well..


  7. Anonymous Says:

    So, I was enjoying the daily posts and you didn't give us anything for today. Sulk!