Tandra
First off i was tiiicked off last night..maaaad!! chewing nails waiiit..spittting nails mad!
So there i was lounging at my humble abode when i get an sms letting me know that my gals wld be hanging and as it was someones birthday, twld b a nice idea to turn up. First thot was..hello! no fuel!! then i thought i shouldnt be mean, i should turn up..u know, take one for the team, so to speak.

Msg said 8pm..so i asked if that meant African or European time. Reply..African time. So i figure, if i get there slightly past 9, i shd be good. So i pullout the trusty trainers and begin the journey to the party (i'd decided to leave by 10.30 coz taxi's are relatively scarce these days).

So i hussle it to the taxi and do the walking (hadnt realised how far the place was)..i get there n pull out the trusty mobile to find out which conner peeps were lounging in.

Please note that i got there at 9.45

So i call up the first person..convo went like
T:Warrup? warrup? where u guyz at?
G: Err...im still at home
T: What????
G: Yeah, really T, u need to tell me where u you get your fuel from
T: Fuel???? babe, there are taxi's, hello!!
G: I cant get into a taxi! im waiting for N to pick me up.

ooooooo...okay!! click!

i was sooooo ticked off! i had walked more than i had in like 4 months, pulled out the trusty sneakers, sweated with lousy bouncers and conductors to be told that people were waiting to be picked up! What the flip? I mean, honestly!!!

Decided i need a boyfriend who has a car with fuel allllllllllll the time.

Call up 2nd peep.
T:Hi...thup?
N: ooo hi, T! im so sorry. im still at home...having dinner.
T: oooo
N: i dont know when i will be leaving but it should be soon.
T: oooo...okay!!

Click!

Need i point out that the reason i had turned up was coz of N and she wasnt even there! I mean, if its your do, the least u can do is be at the venue!! oo, and i hadnt eaten yet in the name of!

Call up 3rd peep
The subscriber aint available at the moment!

Call up 3rd peeps boyfriend..he doesnt pick up.

By this time i was spiiiiiting nails. so i sms friends not related to the program. One tells me to chill, take a drink then leave, after all i cldnt have hustled so far for naught.

So i sat down, had a drink...

On my way out...the peeps arrived..i was like waaa'ever! i have to go. Peeps prolly thot i had a car waiting to pick me up or something kumbe i was begining on my long journey home.

Got to Jinja road and behold..i cld have held a party in the middle of the road. I walked to shell jinja road where i managed to pick a taxi that dropped me at steers. At that point i was thinking,Jesus let me atleast grab the last taxi to wandegeya...just the last one, Jesus.

Then, just when i had gotten there and it seemed like the driver was looking out for me so he could leave, a friendly boda boda guy asked me if i wanted a ride home. i was like,huh??

Munange, turns out twas some guy who works at some stage near home that i keep snobbing when i be like..."Me i dont do boda" but i was sooo grateful that day!! Brought me home all the way talking about the fuel crisis.

Got home smilling, u've no idea.

so my resolution is..next time, turn up the laaaatest with a cute dude in tow..(although no matter how late i am, im always the first to turn up) and from now on, plot is limited to kampala and at worst jinja road. Anything past that, unless u iz taking me home, is outa bounds.
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    sorry about that..but at least you could have stayed for the bash!


  2. candybox Says:

    I so relate to this post. I have a couple of pals like that. I usually leave them as my backup plan


  3. the antipop Says:

    i say u should have stuck it out. atleast waited for the party to begin, sliced off your share of the birthday cake and split. no use going to a party(even the one that had not yet started) and leave without cake. it is criminal


  4. Tandra Says:

    err...maybe i should have pointed out that it wasnt a bash per say..more like "im here, its my birthday..we should hang out"..

    so no antipop..there was no cake.there was nada on on the house.. plus..dont really like cake..


  5. Anonymous Says:

    lol...eeeeiiii tandra, you don't like cake?!


  6. Unknown Says:

    Babe!
    Who dat who pissin u off huh?!!!!
    Lemme know cause am gon to to to ... uh....
    hell. burn dem1


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Who took the jam outta your donut???

    Geez..