Tandra
Wasn't i there minding my own business this morning when my neighbor woke up with this urge to wake us up. EFFECTIVELY I might add.

You may be wondering what this considerate neighbor did. I will tell you. They turned on their radio LOUD (okay, everything sounds louder when you just woken up but still!) and our first "sample" was some rap i did not get, it rapidly digressed into chameleone screaming about things i have no idea about (as i do not understand swahili and i just do not get that rough as if unique voice. i use "unique" here sparingly).

So i did what any African would do to survive. And NO, although i did play with the idea of turning on me radio (which is WAY LOUDER) i did not, i turned inward and sought me ipod. (gwe chameleone in the morning, DO NOT even THINK IT)

SO i filled me dear abused ears with:
1. A Lot of  Avril (problem is you end up being angry all day, chick has so much  to say in her not exactly friendly way)
2. Timbaland ( Shock value album)
3. Alicia Keys  (As i Am album)
4. Jordin Sparks 
5. Lemar
6. Sean Paul
7. Mariah 
8. Britney (yes, Nathan, you might have had a point all those months ago)


Songs I'm LOVING at the moment:

1. You Hang Up- shayne ward
Reminds me of my confused love and those days when UT (Uganda Telecom) had that thingy (calls free past 11).. ahh those were the days!

2. Pepperpot- Sean Paul

3. About You Now- Sugar babes
Yes i listen to sugar babes, just like some people confessed to having "True lies" as a favorite movie.

4. How to touch a girl-Jojo
Clearly a girly song. Talking about appreciating whats on me mind, understanding me, appreciating who i am.

5.Bera nange-tronics
Reminds me of B2B and my sis. Chick isn't that much of a luganda speaker but this song just jams like a problem.

Anyone know how they came up with the name "tronics"?

6. Cant turn back the years- Joe and Do you remember- Deborah morgan
So love these versions.

7. One step at a time and Now you tell me- Jordin Sparks
Kid can sing and i am just grateful they kinda found songs that work with her. And lets be frank, a britney/aguilera would never have worked on her, her personality shines through. 

And yes, as you might have surmised, i watch American idol like a problem (most of the time anyhu) was not much impressed by the last season though.

What you listening to?
18 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Listening to? Well, mostly the noise from my neighbour's tv.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    music is your new refuge i see.


  3. Maua Says:

    Thank God I'm not in your neighbourhood, coz me and my sleep, woe to him who tries to separate us. I leave that to your imagination.


  4. Carlo Says:

    Alicia Keys, As I Am album. For real. That's all I listened to all the way home yesterday. And then I woke up to Sanyu breakfast trying to find out what my boyfriend finds interesting. I'm still trying. My sister asked me honestly, 'do you really enjoy that stuff?' Still trying for his sake.


  5. the antipop Says:

    whaaaaat? Miss T, "one step at a time"- jordin sparks sounds like very very bad karaoke. that song is a joke! sounds like a choir song without the backup. weak weak song. outrageous attempt to try and fill up an album.


  6. Akiiki Says:

    listening to? hmmm...office radio tuned to 9-3-3 9-3-3! those guys succeeding in making me hate tattoo and bleeding love...and Rihanna's bowing song. ba.nan.ge!


  7. Akiiki Says:

    and no air. sick of the songs thanks to kfm


  8. Mr. B2B Says:

    Was listening to that HipHop track by Dilated peeps.... ThisWay

    And yeah, a track by JJ called That'sThewayLoveGoes!

    and then some


  9. Mr. B2B Says:

    that track "beera nange" was done by two guys called Toniks..
    not tronics Tandra

    and yeah it is a nice listen,

    "kubanga there's something about you girl!"


  10. DeTamble Says:

    Rebel Prince - Rufus Wainwright

    and

    Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's


  11. Anonymous Says:

    one thing is for sure, i can not stand the sugababes!


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Shame gal but turning to your ipod sounds more of a white move than african u needed to use the louder one i guess


  13. Anonymous Says:

    i need some new music... still really liking the alicia keys and jordin sparks albums


  14. Anonymous Says:

    B2B, actually Tonix was originally one guy and the chick in that video, but as of a month ago, the guy is now solo according to this .

    I don't know what Sean Paul, you are listening to, but you need to sample his first album before he started singing to get Grammys..Meanwhile, was reading some interview by Buju Banton and he was saying that he is still looking for that elusive Grammy, but any reggae musician shouldn't have any hopes in a year when a Marley is nominated.

    And oh, however crazy Miss Spears is, she is up there on my list of faves. Tandra, I am glad you finally saw the light.


  15. kissyfur Says:

    Me Im listenning to Elliot Yamin and Keysha Cole. I love Chris Brown too



  16. Anonymous Says:

    Anything Chris Brown and Usher works for me


  17. Anonymous Says:

    used to hate Jordin Sparks...but I kinda like her now..in small doses though...

    Right now..listening to other people play loud jazzy music in the morning..whats up with that?? Can't wait for next weekend for my new headphones..bliss!!!

    @ Neema..Sugababes used to be so cool....then the black one (is her name Keisha) went and chopped her hair (weave..whatever)..the short hair doesn't suit her..methinks thats what affected their music..:(