Tandra
So there i was wondering what i was going to do with my evening when it hit me! Okay, technically my cousin sms'd to ask what i was up to ( as if she did not know I was sitting in my room! kyoka some people).

But then again, perhaps I am viewed as the epitome of Kewlness and all things hip which is why I get those questions about what is happening in Kampala. That and the fact that i usually be reading entertainment sections (yeah, i have this hope that something interesting MIGHT actually happen).

So anyhu, i tell her i was considering heading over to cheese bar for movie night and she agrees to walk over with me. We organize our walking shoes and gaily take a stroll.

About 15 minutes into our stroll and countless stories later, it hits me that we are absolute idiots. Okay, absolute is abit too strong, but slow we were.

It being a TUESDAY, there were no movies at cheese night. (yeah, heroes day done messed us up) but not to worry, Cousin had the hook up. Apparently tis movie night at club Cascades, so 20 minutes and one jam later, there we were.

Guess what was showing... No, not that Samantha one (read sex in the city)... Indiana Jones and the manya crystal skull thingy. YES! And all for less than 11k!

And guess what? Popcorn is on the house!!!!! Yes, in case you did not know this, I am in love with the thingies... and the freerer the better!

Unfortunately (yes i will be killed for this), Indiana jones was not that impressive. I had been warned to go in with no expectations, which is what i did, but man! about 20 minutes into the movie i was itching to log onto fring but i hads to show some respect for the freebies.

It finally picked up when i recieved me popcorn :-) (trade secret: if you want me to sit through whatever torture you have lined up, give me popcorn) but on a more serious note, it picked up towards the end (tis one of those movies that picks up after an hour, according to me)...

You may now crucify me, but i have said my piece. TAKE THAT!
17 Responses
  1. the antipop Says:

    that and the socks too


  2. the antipop Says:

    put on your walking shows and headed to cheese bar... where do u stay,at Mr. biggs?


  3. DeTamble Says:

    You had to sit through that, can you even call it a movie ? Poor ickle Tandra.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    hmmmm...[that is me being speechless]


  5. Anonymous Says:

    3, we are so on the same page...


  6. KK Says:

    please explain... your movie theaters are bars too?


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Indiana Jones not impressive? Making such a claim is a treasonable offense.


  8. Princess Says:

    The movie that everybody's talking about??
    It's that weak?!!
    LOL.


  9. Carlo Says:

    yes antipop, tandra lives somewhere close to mr. biggs. she be's there posing on us mbu she's smack in the middle of town. ha! us we have a hill. take THAT!


  10. lulu Says:

    whaaat tandra? after an hour is doing it justice, after the credits come up, is when you realise you were watching something close to indiana jones with aliens! ALIENS!


  11. I dont know where ppl get it from that its a good movie... I've seen bits and pices and it look boring so I wont even bother to watch the entire thing


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Whenever I read these posts about your social exploits (or lack thereof) I feel soooo old. What is Cascades? Where is Cascades? Why is ...


  13. Cheri Says:

    Club cascades??? Shenzi.. I've been away too long. Where is that found?


  14. Anonymous Says:

    i could have sworn i dropped a comment here in the AM!!

    Popcorn huh!
    Well...
    I need to tell Mr.Tandra-licious


  15. Anonymous Says:

    @Tumwi
    Just chill out...
    Drop us an reminiscing post if you feel that "old"


  16. SisBigBones Says:

    LOL...I refuse to go watch Indiana Jones. But, I gladly watched sex and the city the day it opened. I'd just had a killer Histology exam and I needed to unwind :)


  17. Anonymous Says:

    Tumwi, I've lolled! I'm sure you have no idea where Club Sway is either. But fear not, even me I found out last week. and I've never been to Cascades or cheesy bar or whatnot. We be a race of dinosaurs.

    And Tandra, what's with the bad review of Indy? That was the teen heart thob for some of us - he is therefore immortal and untouchable. Almost like Sean Connery.