Tandra
Coming up short .......... Aptly stolen...

Have you ever noticed that right before you get rejected by somebody (coz really, things cant reject you.. well.. if you dont count that chair that breaks down on account of its not expecting such an enthusiastic embrace by certain body parts), you get smaller envelopes?

yeah, im sure you have no idea what im going on about. Well niether do i but.. im hoping by the time I'm done, it will make some sence.

In addition to running low on blog mogo, i have just concluded, no reconfirmed that i must have some of the slowest friends on plannet earth. Yes, i know... i say this atleast once every two months but sometimes they reach me here!! (there's a direct translation in there somewhere)

Now, anyone within 5 minutes of me has heard me go on about my friends baby shower (yes, two months later, we are still "discussing") and most of the time i end up leaving a "brb" hanging on my IM window because i just cannot stand these conversations any more.

I cannot STAND them! i just cannot BEAR them! i leave feeling ill... ill in a "imma-puke-all-over--you kinda way.... my brain is tired and my body just rejects everything. Thats the level of "disturbment" these conversations wreck.

so my brilliant friend M, decides today that she thinks this whole chain email thingy isnt working. im like "really??? babes, i noticed that like at the start! if it has taken you TWO MONTHS to figure that out....."

And then she has the nerve to gigle. WHATS WITH GIGGLING? i mean really.. that wasnt a giggle moment! infact, nothing calls for a gigling moment!

The discussion became so bad that the mother to be has decided that she has to take control of the matter. We give her dimes, she cooks simple.

I feel bad abt that, its her day and what not. SO she should be sitting somewhere, legs up.. but no..we all be too lazy to say "no, u chill.. we will work this out"

Nkoye! if it wasnt for the fact that they want money from me, i would not turn up.

Innnnnnnnnnnnfact, all they want from me is money. So i dont know why i cant drop by the house, drop the dimes n not turn up to the doo.

In other somewhat related news, i got invited to a girly night out. I think i got the invite coz i happened to be on a chain email list. I thought it would not be a bad idea but now with the above (baby shower madness) happening, i am not moving an inch for anyone.

yesterday i had a meet with some old uni mates and what not. Started late in true African fashion and as i already had an appointment, i did the " i have to run thingy" thing.

The weird thing was that at that particular meet i felt like i was weeeeeeeirding everyone else out.

You know that feeling like everyone is tiptoeing around you, like u r the "not-fit-in-kid" so everyone is tryna find something to talk to you about? It doesnt matter that you spent three years together at UNi, u just sort of never clicked then and sure as heck aint clicking now.

So even if i did not have an appointment, i would have probably forged some reason to bounce... yeah, im considerate like that.

Prolly the reason i dont get invited to pish poshy do's! I mean, come on! even chamileon gets in! ooo wait.. thats coz he's supposedly a popular muscician... i forget.

But i gots people skills!!! that has to count...

well maybe not.

I went to this BBQ one time (mbu i needed to do my part in building my friend base) so i decided to go. I just wanted to get out of the house that day, so i guess that was more the seal factor more than anything else.

SO we gets there.. interesting music.. more silence than not. All the peeps were way younger than me (wail waiiiiiiiil) okay.. most a year younger, still counts according to me and after a while i realised that my employee status worked against me.. well that, in addition to other things.

If i had been a tall,gangly acholi or plumpish button nosed muhima, then maybe i would have had higher chances of being a hit.

SO i stand around n i realise that i dont work for PWC (PriceWaterhouse Coopers) or E&Y (Ernst and Young), or NSSF (National Socail Security Fund) or URA (Uganda Revenue Authority)... yeah, its amazing how you do not REALIZE that about yourself until every one starts talking shop.

And YOU know that you could actually direct conversation but are not interested in doing so....

yes, this is what us wall flowers like to think :-)

i thinks this is the point were i turn inward, to reflect on the nothingness within.
13 Responses
  1. Princess Says:

    Boots!
    I donno what to comment on though! :D


  2. Anonymous Says:

    tandra, i am so lost right now. send the rescue teams!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    ok...tandra...this is very SENSELESS!!!!


  4. Tandra Says:

    tis aiit princess.. me neither :-)

    3.. iz on the way!!

    neema.. i did say it was.. :-)


  5. KK Says:

    I get you T... Totally


  6. But it wasn't a senseless post ... Just a bit too Tandra. :o)


  7. Anonymous Says:

    senseless?! are you people for real?! this is so much more real and has a lot of sense compared to some long indiginated garb about politics drama in some far away country?! hello!

    ok, tandra, back to you dear... 'pish poshy dos', lol... do you really want to go for that stuff? i imagine being bored stiff...


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Are all wall flowers that bossy?


  9. Cheri Says:

    Lol "DISTURBMENT"

    That's the only thing I could pick up on from this post. For real.


  10. Tamzel Says:

    I got tired of listening to ‘who is getting married to who’ and ‘who is no longer dating who.’ Then ‘who is looking nice’ and ‘who has faded’. Then ‘why is your hair not growing’ or ‘why are you looking bad?’ I stopped attending weddings, parties and changed my number just so I would be left alone. Now I am dying of…boredom but its better than going through those ‘who’s and whys.’


  11. Carlo Says:

    I work for Watertight. Know what that is? What it's NOT is an auditing firm. With a white guy's name for a title. But hey, I'm still here right? Tandra, KPMG don't make a person.

    Does it show that I'm hating and would like to make as much money as those guys make? Ok. Good.


  12. the antipop Says:

    hey, aren't u being a little harsh on yo friends T? i mean you did want to throw ur friend a shower afterall? it wasn't a gun to the head kind of thing?


  13. DeTamble Says:

    I always thought that PWC sold fridges. Apparently not.

    And I don't know what the rest of you are going on about, I think this post made more sense than most of your other ones.

    @Peace: People ask why your hair isn't growing? WTF! Who asks that! What's wrong with those people. Hair not growing, hair is always growing. And 'who has faded' I don't get that one either. Ugandans are just too strange sometimes...