Tandra
SO i decided that the only way to be unproductive was investing some time in movie watching.

I do not know if that makes me more idle or not. I do not know if by occupying my mind with ideas that have no bearing on my real life makes my life worth living or more interesting in some inane way BUT i decided twas worth doing. 

After all most Peeps i know list movies as a hobby.

So this is what i have been watching.

Please note: i tend to watch weird movies. You know, those movies that even google might have not heard about ( okay, a bit of a stretch but hey!)

No surprise there, I'm sure. I walked into my library, looked the young man in the eye and asked for the Boondocks and made sure he gave me the right Boondocks (yes, there's more than one). I think he was wondering why I would ask for them, I do not think I come off as a very opinionated verbally unchallenged person, but i might be wrong.

I first started on this series around the time i begun blogging and Huey make me think of  the 27th Comrade and I was so dying to meet him so I could see if he matched up in his real life.

Fortunately or unfortunately, he does not. He is just 27th. Turns out he also a bit mad about the Boondocks, so we share something. YAY!

The Boondocks revolve around this black family living in a white neighborhood and basically have a lot of sarcasm and satire going on and interesting way of explaining things.

If you remember the time R. Kelly was being admonished for pissing on that girl, Riley's explanation (in defense of R, of course was), you see piss coming and you move, its that simple.

Nice series that: aside from the Language of cos.

Apocalypto- directed by Mel Gibson
That intro alone should explain why i put myself through 3 days of watching the movie.

I am ashamed to admit... wait, lemme rephrase.. i am ashamed on Mel Gibson's behalf. I understand he is very good at directing and whatever he touches turns to gold (yeah, Passion of the christ was huuuuuuuge) but it seems me n Mel just do not understand each other.

Case in point: I slept through the Passion.
Another point: It took me 3 days to watch Apocalypto.

Qn: why is it in fast racy movies, we have the time to give a little bio about who we are? Arent we supposed to be running for our lives and what not?

The Box (could not find link but Gabriel Union was in this one)
Its basically about this crime scene that the police try to work out what happened. Its sooo bad its not even close to the Usual suspects level (me thinks that was the target)


Using the Internet as a live feed as  a psycho kills people. Theory is, we cause our own deaths, it people did not want to watch death, people would not be watching.

Has serious YAWN moments.

I watched this purely coz i wanted to see if sienfield could actually be funny.Im still on the fence.

Cartoon about bee's changing the world... kinda.

This, i was amused by the title... then i saw the fat boy in question and i had some doubts. I love british movies but this... 

It's basically about this chap (Denis) who keeps running from his responsibilities (namely almost-wife and son) and about him finally taking responsibility for his actions or lack there of.

I think i just made it sound interesting :-)




13 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    The socks


  2. Anonymous Says:

    you do know that a series is not a movie? so boondocks shouldn't be on this list...

    you watched apocalypto for three days?! there are soooooo many things i want to say about that but will let it go... they are just too many...

    Run Fat Boy Run?! no words!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    i shall try those....things...you watched see what the fuss is about, i watched Juno and Candy. i shall do post, soon as i watch them again. there should be fuss about those....has you watched? no? come on, hustle!


  4. the antipop Says:

    you like english movies? which ones? they are like all crappy. except if they hav an american actor in them. like bridget jones and notting hill.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Lurved the R. Kelly court scene in Boondocks.


  6. DeTamble Says:

    I wanted to see Run Fat Boy Run, but maybe it's a good thing I didn't.

    The Boondocks. You two like it as well? He is a bit like Huey, except I think Huey is more understanding and less psychotic. Huey also has more hair.

    Mel Gibson sucks.

    Have you seen Death at a Funeral? or Keeping Mum?

    31337: Juno was freaking awesome! Diss it and die.


  7. DeTamble Says:

    Just watching the Wingmen episode now. 27th is completely insane! Huey is like a calm voice of wisdom. 27th IS INSANE!


  8. DeTamble Says:

    I'm in the Jehovah Witness Protection Program. LOL. And aren't Huey and Jazmine cute!


  9. DeTamble Says:

    That's me having faith. Random anonymous blackmail.

    Ain't he sweet :-)


  10. DeTamble Says:

    They'll have no idea I'm a black radical freedom fighter until it's too late. I'll be able to tranquillize two of the guards right a way after that I've got the stun...okay so I forgot about Huey and 27th having the same guerilla/radical tendencies BUT Huey is still has a voice of calming reason and anti extreme violence that Comrade will never have (BECAUSE 27TH IS INSANE!!)


  11. Anonymous Says:

    juno. that was a *beep* awesome movie!


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Ok...
    @DeTambs
    That death at a funeral was hilarious!!
    Majorly!!
    @Kakaire
    Failed to get your mixtape...
    Nice one on the socks drama
    @Tandra
    What are you saying about TheUsualSuspects huh!!


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Tandra, again ... pick up a book, will you.

    Plus, I am sooooo taking offence for your Mel Gibson comment. Passion and Apocalypto may have had simple story lines, but they were beautifully shot. The cinematography was out of the world. Nobody says anything bad about Mad Max. Not even you, Tandra.