Tandra
Recently, over tea, i was talking to a friend and my mother and she (my mother) was talking about how cold it has been recently. (Apparently it was 19c... yes, not cold according to some of you who suffer sub zero temperatures but here! snap!)

So she pulls out the thermometer to prove her point. It was at this point that this memory struck.

Thermometers were probably the first indication that I would never make it in the medical proffession. That and the fact that I generally shy away from anything that makes me tax my other wise simple mind but that is an explanation for another day.

I could never read those things. Even when I was claiming to be sick to get out of going to school, I could never do the whole "self thermometer test'... I heard so many people tell me look for the "line" that will tell you the temperature. I swear I never saw it.

You can thus imagine the problems I had in physics. You do remember S4 physics when the evil syllabus inventors decided that we had to heat water (do not remember what we were trying to prove) and do the whole prism thing?


Yes, I can see this coming back to you. Lets just say I neeeeeeeever saw the line (I think light was supposed to hit the prism and get dispersed then you were supposed to do some fancy art work and draw lines of dispersion or something).

I can clearly see myself in that physics lab going "huh?" millions of times. I decided that there could only be one way of of the whole thing.

Fake it!

I am glad to report I was such a great faker that it was only me who knew what I was on about.

This good "pat-on-the-back" feeling lasted until I had to do cantab! (slang for Uganda Certificate (U.C.E) that is -O'level)

Yes, you guessed right. Everything went all right until I had to choose between the thermometer test and the prism. I did what any blank person would do in my place. I choose the thermometer.

Some basic principles still hold. Boiling point 100 degrees, yes?

Prism? Man... even art was involved.

I am glad to report that I did not fail physics. I got a 3 (pretty nifty for someone totally blank) and even considered doing PEM/D (Physics, Economics, Mathematics and Divinity) at A'level.

The problem with that is that apart from Divinity, the rest are not ME.

If you asked any of my friends if they thought I will eventually do an MBA, they would probably laugh you out of the room. Math and me, did not fall off the same tree, is all I am saying which is probably why the next boyfriend had better be nifty at balancing books.

You must be wondering where I am going with this. I'm a tad lost as well. This all started because I was having a conversation about prism's and about hearing things.

Its like when you go to church and then the announcement person says something like " It is Your day. You are here for a reason!!"

I totally agree with that one. God must have brought me to church for a reason, after all my steps are ordered by HIM.

It gets a little blurry however when the person says something like "God has this message for YOU! He is saying...."

first time, you are like "Yay! A message for me from God! He heard my call!"

Then you really think about it and it hits you that you are over 500 "YOU's" in the congregation. So which YOU is being spoken to?
13 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    lol... only tandra can't see that line... wabula madam, you are special


  2. leos child Says:

    lost me at the prism


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Ok
    Pretty nifty at book balancing huh!
    and a few other things he best be good at balancing Tandra...
    Chuckles

    i am just picturing you in the Lab on Exam day, and they brought you your two worst enemies...

    but than again, it will hit you when little tandralicious is running a fever...

    you neeever saw the line!
    more chuckles...

    but wait, almost flunkt history, so...
    but no, you still can't see the line!
    More chuckles!!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    lol..the bit about the church message...so true..

    err..yeah Physics was a tricky guessing game..i'm there with you Tandra...

    B2B...smutty smutty mind..lol


  5. Anonymous Says:

    eeerr...prism...words like that scare me. like that other one 'schism', aint sure if i've even spelled it right. sth to do with what is going on with the anglican church currently.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    And God said let there be Tandra....she'll make bloggers LOL all the way.

    The YOU is YOU


  7. Akiiki Says:

    hey T,
    sorry this is totally unrelated...failed to use your chat thingy.
    Thanks so much for your kind words. how am i doing? honestly do not know. It is still a strange and painful place. i'm taking my leave of the sphere for a while.
    ((((((T)))))))


  8. KK Says:

    LOL.... Divinity is you.. huh? I have a message from God for you dear.... funny is you:)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    hehehe. divinity is your thing? come on then, lets hear a sermon [hear=read, blog speak et tu] now. so about that MBA [not mbu] has you doned it already?


  10. No wonder at school all we girls could do was sing, "Physics, Physics, Physics Ayee!"

    Even with all the books Daddy gave me since he was a Chemistry and Physics teacher, I got a C6 in each of them.


  11. Anonymous Says:

    @kk..wewe!


  12. Princess Says:

    LOL. I love the random-ness of this post.
    i'm with you on the prism thing.Bad eyesight and all...


  13. DeTamble Says:

    ...Honestly, I too could never see that pesky fucking line!! It's why we own a digital one now.