Tandra
I know, shocking. Read, you might agree :-)


A friend was bitterly arguing with me the other day when that “man”, Thomas Beatie, bore a pretty girl. He argued that the only reason why I scoffed at the idea was because I was offended by the idea that a man would and could do the one thing we (women) guarded so jealously.


Now, my first reaction was “there is no way in hell this man could have given birth, let alone get pregnant! Does no one watch House? Its not one of those “monkey see, monkey do” things, you know”


That thought was promptly followed by the edict God placed when Adam and Eve were being admonished for crossing a line they should not have. Eve (woman) would suffer pain during childbirth; nothing was said about dear old Addy... aside from toiling to provide for his family of course.


In addition to which, lets be honest. Men are not built to have children; they just do not have the right combination. It is that simple.


In my mind it was simple, men cannot give birth.


Then I thought about Julius/Juliet.


Julius/ Juliet Kaganzi kaggwa was born in 1969 and erroneously declared a girl in spite of a few anomalies. In his book “From Julius to Juliet… In search of my true gender” (published by Fountain Publishers, Uganda, 1997), he narrates his scary story. He lived as a girl till about 1995 when he decided to drop his fake female status. Last I heard he got married to a lady named Joy and the headline when he did so read “Old Gayaza girl weds woman”. (Gayaza High School is one of the most prominent all girls high school in Uganda).


It struck me that reverse might be true of Thomas Beatie so I did what any person would do, I googled the chap and had all my suspicions confirmed. Thomas Beatie was born a woman who chose to undergo sex reassignment procedures to technically take on the appearance of being a man, a little cut here, a little cut there and voila!


I think Thomas was happy though because when push came to shove and they -yes he is married to a one Nancy who had a hysterectomy some years ago- wanted to have a child, he could carry one to term.


What my friend forgot in his argument about male emancipation and “gender mainstreaming” was that Thomas (born Tracy Lagondino) was still female because he/she chose to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy and retained his/her reproductive rights. He was BUILT to have children. End of discussion.

I’m curious about such people. What happens in their thought process for them to decide to do certain things? I know, life is all about being comfortable in your own skin and all but should there be some limit to this?


I was watching the Tyra Banks show recently and she was interviewing these transgender persons who participated in Trantasia. It’s a pageant to find the most beautiful transgender out there. The participants… Amazing! Some of those guys were hot! No wonder men suffer!


These men had had surgery to an extent (chest reconstruction) and looked every inch like
Women and in case you are wondering, no there were no bulges where there should have been. I am still trying to understand that one.


They all (most) were talking about how they wanted to be women and this was a way to do it. There was this one however who is just a female impersonator (as in his job) and he looks every inch woman. I wonder if you could get paid here…


I found a number of things interesting. One was most of them considered suicide at some point and most when they were in high school. No surprise there, really, when you feel oppressed by yourself because you do not understand who or what you are and then by society that will reject anything they do not understand, it is understandable that you might want to do away with life.


Suicide however seems like a coward’s way out and well, some times, it doesn’t exactly go according to plan. Should that happen, you will forever be looked at as a psychopath which when you consider how “weird” you already are, might not be a bad idea.


Second thing was one of them said they did not want to be buried a woman. When he gets older, he will remove his implants and revert. I wonder what his point all this time has been.


Third, men are vain! Now honestly, the amount of work this men get done puts to shame even the most religiously beauty obsessed female you know. I think it is because they are trying to over compensate for the fact that they are not naturally women. One of them had enough lypo, I felt my skin tighten. He/she looked bad!


Fourth interesting thing is all of them are either dating or married. Does that technically make them homosexual? When they were asked if they use the lower parts of their bodies when they are intimate, their response was, it depended on their partners.


Interesting.
14 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    should i just give you my shoes to go with the socks...


  2. Anonymous Says:

    those peeps are just downright confused... although i so felt for julius/juliet... but it seems he is now happily married


  3. Minty Says:

    weird stuff people come up with. atte with gays wanting to adopt kids, it just amuses me.
    I hear the Julius couple split a few years after marriage.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I haven't heard nada about Julius, and Juliette

    though i've heard the weird stuff like this on the WWW...

    truth be told, them guys just want attention and then they can truly "express" themselves huh

    Saw something about Gayaza oba i was seeing badly!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    What are u talking about, some man gave birth like 2 weeks ago. Granted, he was once a woman but still Thomas Beatie gave birth.

    -Miss Cheri


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks Cheri b'se his papers refer to him as a man i know some one will say sleepin in the garage does not make u a car by for this man we go by his Public status


  7. Anonymous Says:

    God must be wonderin where he went wrong with such people...but then such is life. Take it or leave... Ripley's believe it or not.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Harlod, I think you mean her pubic status...


  9. Anonymous Says:

    hahahaha No petesmama my key board cant even afford me such letters that make up that word


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Bambi this is a strange analysis. It is totally Tandralicious.

    FYI, Julius' story is quite different and is both beautiful and complicated. B2B of course you haven't heard of his story. You were born just yesterday!


  11. Anonymous Says:

    P'mama...u always come up with these stellar one liners...wildlife, and now pubic status..

    Amazing. U're sense of humor is the one I wanna have when I grow up.

    -Miss Cheri


  12. KK Says:

    Men are vain? I object to being put in the same bucket as these peeps who saw it fit to deny their status as men.


  13. Vosty Says:

    I will be honest some of those guys/chics actually look believable.Did you catch this story where Ronaldo(Brazilian),actually picked up 2 only to realise they were dudes back at the hotel room.Scarry to say the least


  14. Anonymous Says:

    hello friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the shoes are around 340 pounds on every site. But for all I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what can you say about it?