Tandra

A few months ago I was crazy about this boy (Ex bff). Not any more though and I will share why in a few precious moments.


First, I think I ought to explain why he was (is) special. (Depending on how long you have been reading my blog, you have heard about Mr. before).


This boy was my first serious boy-friend. I knew I could turn up and talk about what ever, he would raise his eyebrow and let me go on and on and then at the end of my endless rants, he would tell me exactly what to do (like I did not know!).


He helped me understand boys. Let me amend that to men. I tend to call anyone younger than my brother a boy so understand. Actually that’s not true, I still consider my brother a boy but that is a whole other story.


He made it clear to me that although he was hot, I should look elsewhere because he was clearly more interested in being mysterious and up to no good.


He need not have worried on that front… You can not play games with someone you actually like, they always back fire on you and you usually end up loosing that friend which is too high a price to pay for some high that will ware off in less than 5 minutes.


Mushyness aside, Bff has always been there for me. Well… until whatshername turned up. Suddenly the boy realized that he had to actually dress up to impress people, better manage his time and actually pay attention to happening places around the city.


Suddenly I ceased to exist for the boy.


That was okay, its called “transition” we all go through it. That phase when we only have eyes and ears for this “special” person and forget the little people in our lives.


I handled the “time” as best I could and some time later I got bumped to “Ex bff”…Why Bff? Why??????


He insisted that it was an upgrade. I do not agree. Anything with an “ex” in it does not bare well for the bearer of the title.


I reached deep within myself and held on.


It was some time later when I met “this boi” who we shall call “boo”. When I met him, he was the true picture of “nerd meets kewl chick”. We got to talking and he so ever so sweetly offered to listen to me and generally be there for me.


I agreed… a girl needs as many boy-friends as possible, especially when all her girls go loco.


So with the passing of time, we became close (according to me), we got each other through some icky situations and then some.


My little comfortable world came crushing down a few days ago. Truthfully, they are more than a few but I do not like to think about it that way.


We (boo and I) had a little misunderstanding that had me going from laughing on the brink of madness to crying into my pillow wondering how something so simple could get so messed up.


I know what you are thinking. You are thinking I probably went out of my way to spill a little perfume on his shirt so when his girlfriend showed he would not have a plausible excuse.


No, that is not what happened. It was nothing as dramatic.


I simply made a crack about something. He thought I was serious and decided to walk out of my life.


And no, it was not something to do with his height, or his nerdy status or his precious car or some lady he is interested in who cannot see straight to save her life.


I was hurt because he did not stop to ask me what I meant. I was hurt because I realized that I was the only one who thought we had passed the stage when we needed a third party to explain exactly what we meant by the things we did and said.


We haven’t spoken in a while now. I sent him an email. He has not responded and that hurts the more. I know I said I needed time but that did not mean I do not want to know how you are doing or what you are up to.


What is with people and taking things as gospel truth when you say them? Okay, I get other people taking them as truth/ fact but not you…


Anyhow, this is how I lost two very important people. I am completely without a start point.


13 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    hmmm... can i donate one to you?

    you will have another starting point... naye your ex-bff is not serious, i hear becoming an ex is an upgrade...

    reading this made me think of the movie My Best Friend's Wedding...


  2. Anonymous Says:

    He, they'll come back crawling for some reason they always do.....r u hard headed by any chance?


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Totally feel your pain right here.

    Going through some girl issues meself and man!! It's amazing how little things can tick you off or simply get you misunderstood.

    Anyways, hope yours goes better than mine's going.

    peace.


  4. DeTamble Says:

    *musses up Tandra's hair* There, there little one. It'll come right in the end.


  5. the antipop Says:

    awwwwwww tandra! i have never heard you sound this wistful. and hey, there is this cliche i know; it is moments like those that make us stronger, make us wiser, make us grow strengths we never thought we had in us...okay the cliche does not go like that at all, but you get me?


  6. Anonymous Says:

    First serious boyfriend huh!
    Easy listening as well..
    atleast you can rest (though it must have hurt) knowing that Bff blew you off, in the beginining without leading you on...

    about Boi!
    Well, your dad is supposed to help you understand men in a way Tandra....
    they way he trips with your Momz about certain things is just a passing sign how most men react to womanly pressure, and inturn you don't or if you want to find out by yourself....

    anyways, when your gilrs do go loco, it does help to have a few male buddies to listen to and jus chill...
    same thing for us guys..

    ut the point i'm trying to hit is this....

    does he know how you feel?

    you somehow hurt his feelings and you are hurt coz he didn't click what you meant and sauntered off..

    if you know that men and women do differ, and stuff, then you will surely learn that what you do say to each other will many times be mis-interpreted and thus you need to make sure that you click each other....

    but hey, now that you've free and single, now i should hook you up bulungi, since boo, and boi are not in the picture....

    i know this guy!


  7. kissyfur Says:

    Please Edmund hook her up or tell her to call Sirens.
    Touching Story {{{sniff, sniff}}} But u knbow u will be ok right?


  8. Princess Says:

    (((Tandra)))
    Boo will come round, I'm sure.It might take a while, but he will.[me thinks]


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Awww. You'll be alright even without him.


  10. leos child Says:

    youll be fine let the storm pass.


  11. Anonymous Says:

    What's that cliche again...about letting a bird fly coz if it's meant to be yours,it's fly back?


    Sorry...Hang in there.


    ((((T))))


  12. me thinks throw buu out. as for boi, bang him on the head with a big big stick. that should put his head straight.


  13. Petite Femme Says:

    This post has made me sad and teary...but the lolcat has made me laugh.

    Bambi...

    He is clearing the way for a better one.