Tandra
I was telling twinner about the current state of my nails. gosh! im like soo shy now, will not get out of the house as a result of these nails!! OKay, now that wld work in some wierd parallel universe where i could make such akweird decisions like these and get away with it!

No but really, they are so short i could be the poster kid for short nails inc! this is not right..im not an accountant or worse still, a software developer!!!! ((no offence ofcos :D))

Speaking of accountants, im always picking on the quarterback because he doesnt carry around a bunch of keys..that boi doesnt even carry his house keys!!! Isnt it accountants who have keys to the safe for the security box inside the safe and the one inside that one and the one ...yeah, sure u get the picture..

Last night my sister amused me. She came in casually and this was her opening line..
"Im beginning to think im like a real acholi!" Now that alone cracked me up.

Remember that article that run in the New Vision i think it was, about our tribes and dress codes? If anyone knows where i can find such said article i would be wery wery gwateful. Some people clearly missed out!

Anyway, turns out she'd been accessory shopping for and ended up with a lime green necklace. First i thot it wasnt that bad ((hadnt seen it at that point)) then she pulled it out and i was like "gosh, somethings u just cant explain!!!" LOL.

Just incase u r wondering, no, im not an acholi.

September 11. Hmmmm...u know, i was wondering why everyone was going september 11th speaking about. Had almost forgotten why this day was so "important".
Where as i sympathise with the families affected by september 11th, on some other level i think its pure propaganda that i dont know if i want to associate with.

Everyother day, some African is dying as a result of war or disease or famine. More than one African, Asian or watever. Does it get as much air time? No..reason? it aint "terrorism" and it didnt happen in the US of A.

Kinda like how we al know AIDS is a serious issue but we usually hear about it around December 1st (thats world AIDS day, just incase u didnt know). Other issues like the Environment or blood donation or those associated ailments like TB and malaria we hear about in passing...u know why? they arent "that important". Most people take these things as "9-5 jobs" once i step out of PSI, Mulago, Y.E.A. H, UNASO, TASO or what ever, it doesnt matter any more.

Had these things been happening inthe USA or Europe, gosh we wld never hear the last of them. And dont even get me started on stereotyping.

Im stopping here...this is my happy page. WIll finish off on my think page.
3 Responses
  1. simon Says:

    Hi there -- sorry I'm posting this right here (couldn't find your e-mail address).

    I have been deeply inspired by your blog and now have started to write my own. I would be happy to have a few regular readers and therefore ask you if we could do a "link exchange"?

    Please let me know whether you are interested. I live in Switzerland and am excited to find out if I can join the English speaking bloggers' community.

    Best,

    Simon

    my blog is http://nastypredator.blogspot.com (the design is constantly improved :-) )


  2. kissyfur Says:

    And some dude called simon nabs my firstie! what! I would swallow if it was Magoo. he doesnt count.
    My birthday is coming up to and Yes I do accept cash, nothing lime green please. Im Acholi born on the wrong side of the tracks. I have style........hehehe I make luminous yellow look good.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Hey i have an acholi friend who has style in wat she buys so i think that acholi thing should be changed to..... wats that tribe o yours?