Tandra
You can now keep your number for life with Uganda telecom! Make or recieve a call, send an sms or simply top up within 90 days and keep your number for life!

Now, this message rung me alarm for some obvious reasons! Well obvious atleast to me..i have these qns to ask though:

1.Does this mean that after purchasing my "seed pack' was it, all those years ago UT may claim it any day?

2. Should i thus take an insurance policy out on my sim card?

3.How much should i pay in the said insurance as sim cards have "reduced in value". i mean i spent a hefty amount naye these days they go for 3k..more over when u want to upgrade ur old sim card u pay 6k n it dont come with airtime!! me not replacing unless they just give me one!or it happens upon water or some odd thing like that.

4.Did my reciept lie to me when it said "Goods once sold are unreturnable"?

5.When did this company dream up this "own it for a lifetime gimmick". i have a feeling the engineer person was playing on the pc then hit "SEND" by mistake..After many yrs of faithfully supporting UT, u pull this stunt? come on!

6.Is it possible to keep it for like quarter a lifetime? im just saying...who wants it for a life time? thats y we have Warid, Hits and oba itel oba itec oba whatever coming!
9 Responses
  1. Firsties ...

    The things that make me miss home.


  2. Firsties ...

    The things that make me miss home!


  3. Well, I really want a UTL thing now, just because I have the other two, but ...
    I figured it is mine to have for life already! Maybe they mean no need for service fee nonsense.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Aha why didn't you tell me about this post now i am Fourthies?!!! I saw that message UTL knows how to irritate me. Remember that time it would send like a zillion messages reminding you to load airtime?

    27th you want to bee a 3 phones tycoon or just and 3 sim card one? And what will happen when Warid and Hits come?


  5. What IS going on with the telecom companies?

    I just received an sms from 755 telling me to 'stay in touch by loading, sending an sms or calling. For details please contact 1100.'

    They've finally figured out how dumb I am.


  6. Lindah Says:

    UTL "Its all about competing"


  7. very interesting..
    visit my blog its

    http://goddieatim.blogspot.com/


  8. lulu Says:

    you know what all these net works have gone gaagaa with the 50% extra thing flying btween and amongst them... geez! have mercy on them tandra dont call insurance and other help lines, these guys are so WORRIED ABOUT WARID AND CO. Already, just ease their load...


  9. kissyfur Says:

    Look who's here dearie. c'est moi!
    sorry been MIA but im back. will hola.