Tandra
1. Grandie free and luuuuuuving it. No more shall i suffer looking for comfy spots under trees to sleep in the name of waiting for peeps to finish with the doctor. No more shall i hussle with taxis at awkwierd times of the day and yes, for those of you who have illussions about transportation in Uganda especially between 11 and 3, there are jams!

2. Unfortunately my grand aunt passed away this weekend and we (my cousins,sister and urs trully) got a tongue lashing as a result of our refusal to sit and mourn from a far. I guess the old woman (my grandmum)had a point. she rebuked us for not going to say sorry,ask about preparations and sit in silence looking sad saying "woe unto us".. i get that and we should have, but hello, we did not have the time to sit around looking sad...this stage doesnt help anyone.. plus the body is like 5 hrs away, hello! i guess i should point out that the deceased is actually my grandmum's sister and was the only other a live sibling so i can sympathise, now she;s talking death,depression and those other dark thoughts....

Speaking of which, my mum made announcements over the radio, went to see her cousin and was told to make changes. Apparently the burial is on wednesday and my aunt doesnt want people to flood the house. twas soo bad that even my grandies went to their home, lest they be kicked out....

So my mum was asked to change the announcement and we were wondering what she was going to change it to, perhaps...
"Mum passed but we dont want u to come before the burial which is on wednesday.
Please proceed to the church, DO NOT come home. End of announcement
"

3. My sis amused me. We waz looking through the New Vision when we chanced upon the words to "umbrella" by Mandy Moore. After looking at the wording i concluded that britney spears was right in saying no to the song (im "reliably" informed by hot 100 that the song found its way to Brit. b4 Rihana) and my sis goes like "Brit.? this from the same person who sang "toxic"!"

4. Spent a good portion of my weekend commiserating with people nursing broken hearts..love is the pitts apparently!

5. i had afight with a friend and wats really annoying is he has just shut down. those things "giigi" me! if we are going to fight, especially when u are in the wrong, lets fight and get done with it..these things of giving me a "cool down" time or completely ignoring me backfire in the wierdest ways.

How were ur weekends? Update please

"Gigi" from "gigina" meaning to irritate.
2 Responses

  1. kissyfur Says:

    swsgerald get a life dude!
    Now T, in typical Ugandan style....."long time, some getting lost"......
    ur folks had a point, most mourners just wanna free meals.