Tandra
So there i doing my thing, oblivious to the happenings around me as it was not yet time for me to start on my day when i heeeeeeard the most annoying giggiles eminating from some point below my window. There is some chick in particular, everytime i hear her laugh i just want to scratch myself but that wld b harming my person so i usually resort to turnin up the volume of whatever im watching or listening to. ANnnnnnoyin!

Turns out, some people were going on some trip and decided that the most convinient place to meet would be home. Had no problem with that seeing as their biz did not affect me in anyway. But when u begin giggling beneath/under my window..then we got a problem! MAJOR problem.

In other news....
Went to Mass today and incase you are wondering, no im not catholic. It always hits me that the only time i end up in certain churches is to attend Funeral services (((looks up correct term)).. services in memory of the dead. I have thus been to Mass about 4 times and im yet to figure out the correct procedure, figure im pretty much on the money with most things, other things completely elude me.

Which reminds me..yesterday some peeps were discussing this whole idd thing and as per usual it came down to "why cant they be like christains? we all know when lent is..when christmas is!!!".
Again, u would know if it mattered to you, is all im saying.

Back to the service. By all rights i prolly shdnt have gone but the mother roped me into going and she'da been not soo kind to me had i not turned up which is wat almost happened considering i remembered 30 minutes into when the service had supposedly started. So anyway, i scatter only to find the service, which was supposed to start at 10 started at 11. i was soooooo not impressed.

You know these services or memorial trips really matter if you know the person in qn or the family and so u can relate in some way. I basically went because MUM asked me to because really the relation is a bit far. See my cousin lost her father, that sounds pretty normal,right? but u know us Africans, nuthing is that simple.

My cousin, actually second cousin as my mother and her mother are cousins,(have seen like a total of 6 days in my entire life) doesnt live here but apparently her dad did. She has 7 other siblings shared between three women, i think, which makes her a half. So really...now me..the second cousin..i relate how????

Anyway, they say such times we cry a lot because we are not really crying for the deceased but for ourselves. It is a reminder that life is fragile and may end at any particular time.
11 Responses
  1. lulu Says:

    i swear you still amuse me, how have you beeen , long time, banange, i be busy how and UBC is so archaic, internet is like winter in kalahari desert! so bear with me...


  2. Mr. B2B Says:

    You want to scratch yourself..
    everytime she laughs..

    i should bring her around more often..


  3. Anonymous Says:

    those 'they' probably have never lost someone they really cared about and therefore wouldn't understand the pain.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    hmmm....i am catholic...then how they place their holidays is albeit a lot controversial but i shall not knock them


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Guess you recited a lot of poems. Si it was a Roman Catholic church? I thought so.


  6. Duksey Says:

    I was once asked to go for a service of one such rela, i jammed coz i didnt want to be around ple who are feeling so sad and well am feelin just there when i could be elsewhere doing lots of ma biz


  7. Anonymous Says:

    I'm not Catholic, but ther is something about Mass. Peaceful.

    "For, though I've no idea
    What this accoutred frowsty barn is worth,
    It pleases me to stand in silence here;"


  8. Minty Says:

    I've only gone to some cathedrals for weddings and they take so loooooong.
    -Just to wish you a merry christmas.


  9. Contra Says:

    someone to take me around the blog please or shld tandra ro it.


  10. Unknown Says:

    Tenniessss!
    thats slang for tenth comment.
    do i here a round of clappin 'ands


  11. Contra Says:

    i got an idea all bloggers in Kampala. i propose sumkinda get togetha party. wht does one think? Tandra, Lulu i choose u to mobilize guys. whtbou talkin abt it?