Tandra
I gave the sun to you, you said it was too bright
I gave you diamond rings, you said they didnt shine
I gave my world to you, But you said it's not enough
til you do me right, baby face


I could not believe it when you said you wanted to spend forever with me. I could not believe that there was nothing you wanted me to change about who I was, where I was going or what I was doing.


I could not believe you wanted me for me.


I thought you were everything I could ever possibly need. I thought you were the absolute cheese, you, my misunderstood love.


But that all changed… it took some time but it all changed.


It changed because it slowly dawned on me that I was not strong enough to put my foot down about certain things and I let you get away with so much.


It changed because I was not honest enough with myself to admit that we were too different to fit.


I thank you for opening my eyes my love. For making me realize that the problem was not with me.For making me understand and appreciate who I am.


I thank you letting me realize that I do not need to give people excuses to appreciate me for me, for making me understand that I don’t need to hold any one’s hand… for making me finally know that the highest respect anyone can pay you is letting you be you, without you having to fight for explanations.


I thank you for calling me blonde which translates into me being extremely stooooopid. I thank you for in that moment I realized that I detest that word in the way you use it.I realized that no matter how blonde I might be, I’m not extremely stupid. Thanks to God, my family and through life, I have learned a great deal.. Shoot! I have mad skillz!


But for you to belittle me and disrespect everything about me in that way makes me realize that my being me is of no consequence to you.


I thank you for letting me to know that I whine a lot. You call me extremely stupid, I react and I whine a lot, is your reaction. I was going for righteous indignation actually but once again, I thank you for opening my eyes.


So this is my good bye to you, my love. I learnt a lot from you.


I learnt that I will always be wrong.
I learnt that you will never fight for me.
I learnt that you will never look out for me.
I learnt that I am not even worth as much as your cigarettes.
I learnt you are a great believer in you and me... Not US.
I learnt to appreciate my time, appreciate me… because lets face it, I cant be anyone else.


So this time, I’m walking away and not making excuses for you, not making me take anymore twash from you.


I’m done.


Selfish- Asia Cruz

Labels: edit post
8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    DONE!

    Tandralicious. I has your back.


  2. Princess Says:

    :(
    For what it's worth, I'm here standing in for you too.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Articulate and relevant. Talk about being told to take a long walk off a short plank, diplomatically. :-)

    ((((((((((((t))))))))))))


  4. Anonymous Says:

    i liek yous twitter meseg. ther funii!! spesho brand vegis? hehehee!!


  5. Maua Says:

    "....But there's a danger in loving somebody too much
    And it's sad when you know it's your heart you can't trust.
    There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
    Baby sometimes love just ain't enough...."

    Patty Smyth

    Just be true to yaself.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Let me buy yu a draaank Tandra...
    I will tell u nice jokes, and cry witchu...
    we shall not even invite Mrs.B2B
    So what is is??


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Nawe Tandra, u're supposed to be hard core! Hadi Cowa!!!

    Now also u Love has messed u up.

    So, it's just me left.

    The rticki s to love like u've never loved before. And when that love goes sour, the next in line shd be even more intense. Ask me....

    -Miss Cheri


  8. Anonymous Says:

    but peoples, this is filed under fiction!