Tandra
After reading Raymonds post about not being able to find employment, i can relate, infact tis time to change my own life. Time i found real employment. Im sure my parents have this conversation....

D: But wat is T doing?
M: U know her job.... consultancy is hard
D: Me i think she is lazy
M: No, she is working on her things

....afew minutes of silence...

M: But u know, u r rite. Tu koyee child support

Yes parents, im also tired of relying on you for food and shelter, pocket money, pay TV and whatever. I also want to be independent, have my own place in Ntinda ((oba is that where everyone is moving these days?)). I want to decide when i shd go home, what i should eat, who i should see...yeah....

Dont get me wrong, i am skilled which beats the arguement that i am not employed because i dont have skills. Give me anything media/communications related event/project and i can make u a star.

Its just that, i have loads of experience and no money to show for it. NKOYE CHARITY WORK! I know my reward is in heaven, but i need a boost!

At the beginning of this year, for example, i did some project that i havent seen one shilling for. i asked for a modest 800k.just for me. The guy decided that my expertise was worth 2mln. Bigambo! Nga i have waited, im not even asking. I have just decided to add that to my other treasures in heaven. N the trick is, he wants me to work on another project, im like, yeah...watever!

I mean, if u arent going to even give me tranzy to ur office, dont bring up money, okay? Be straight and say,

" T, i think u have a brilliant mind, come help me with this project. I promise to be your friend".

There, no doubt at all. i know u only want me for my brain and i dont have to treat u nice.lol

Im thinking of relocating to Rwanda, apparently thats where the dimes are.Zib is, im kinda stuck here at the moment so i cant go galivanting plus in order to go galivanting, u need money.

But u know, i think im just tired.
1. Im tired of this buble called my life.
2. Im tired of expectations
3. Im tired of disappointments
4. Im tired of this stupid country with its "brilliant ideas"
5. Im tired of ineffective health campaigns that cause us to be sicker instead of healthier.
6. Im tired of this really small town
7. Im tired of people who dont get me.
8. Im tired of people who expect me to spend money i dont have, on them, and yet i dont earn a salary and they do.
9. Im tired of people asking me why i even have money when they earn but cant seem to save. Exactly the reason y i do, i have to save the pennies, im not sure if i will have money tomorow unlike you who just waits for the 23rd.
10. Im tired of people wondering why i smile all the time. A side from the obvious reason ( laughter adds yrs to ur life or some sort nonsense), life has many things to smile at, plus if i didnt smile, i wld prolly cry or look meaner than i already do.

Im just TIRED! i dont think its really about the money, i just need change, i need to challenge myself...

Infact, maybe i shd go get chinese..there's this place. For the same price as chips and chicken, i can get noddles and a spring role or rice and pork ribs...the zib is, i dont know how much i will pay tryna deal with food poisoning! lol
6 Responses
  1. Saadiq Says:

    bambi i know how u feel, atleast ur a girl..have u heard 'real people' by common?(thats if u listen to hip hop music)..go and make some money, charge those people 2 million shillings for those projects u do for them, then start ur own charity...ur getting paid, doing charity work and storing up those riches in heaven!Being rich in this life time isnt a bad thing, infact it isnt, until it becomes ur sole purpose for living..but get out there and give it a shot..


  2. Savage Says:

    The way you put it, it doesn't sound so bad.

    At least you have parents who got your back. Many people don't have that.


  3. Hey, if you know your worth (as you sound to), don't take another unpaid job. You'll do demos all your life. Grab a grip and stop looking where losers look for jobs. If you do, you get a loser's job (and the treatment thereof). It is slightly risky to be an aristocrat in these cases, but ... when you do land a job, it is worth the wait.

    So, don't go for any more `demos'. Wait when they want a pile of experience to work in this fat, fat megacorp company, then go there and tell the interviewer `You definitely don't know I am the one you're looking for, do you?'

    You'll get a fine job.

    P.S.: There is no magic in crossing the border. There are more losers down there than up here. Plus, Rwanda can only take so many people ... :o)


  4. lulu Says:

    dont i know about people using your gift against you for their own gain, i got such one recently and coz i named my price, they havent called agian and... i already have an idea for the thingie they asked me to do, its too bad for them you know...
    i could start my own thingie with it. they joke!
    dont worry about the chicken, just buy andrews!


  5. Unknown Says:

    My dad told me, we are at a time when we are blessed not to be slaves of office managers. Bizness he told me is a good way to go. Lucky yo a gurl. Most probably the man who will marry you will handle most of the financial issues, not so? Now when you are the guy- there is more pressure; get me?


  6. From someone who has been there, done that, been to hell and back and gotten the T shirt to prove it, I like the fact that you are in a very good place ... and I am so proud of you. I am.