Tandra
Ever been in that situation where someone asks you a question and hovers over you, as if expecting that you will solve thier problem? Yeah...that happens to me on occassion!!

I have this relative planning on going to the US of A and as we all know, u aint going til u get that illusive visa. So he comes in and stands right next to me and informs me of his journey to the Embassy.

Him: So T, i will be going to do the interview tomorrow.
Me: Okay, i hope u are ready, have ur pictures and all that.
Him: Yes

Four minutes of silence

Him: So, they tell me that i have to be there by 7.30
Me: Yes, thats early u know! ((thinking, we have had this conversation over 10 times in the past 6months..im the pro-interview chick, remember?))

six minutes of silence.

Now, there i am wondering to myself "Does he want me to offer to drop him off at 7.30? Why does he keep hoverin??? NOOOO...dont offer! U'l b stuck going to Nsambya!!!Added to which you have to panga the deal with the mother and she dont look tooooo receptive!"

Him: How should i dress?
Me: Bottom line, be smart ((thinking: Dude, u came all the way from Mbale, if u dont have a suit in ur bag, there aint nothing we can do for u!!!!")))

He eventually said good night but i could not help but think that i hadnt been as helpful as i ought to have been. But really if u want me to do something, just ask me, dont hint hint.
I hope it goes well for the man, these things of those Americans can freak!!!!

In other news..

Found out a friend threw out her boi. The reasons are a bit hazy but from what i understand, according to her:

1. He wasnt ambitious enough
2. Was too comfy with his pay and the general status qou
3. Wasnt oba rich

According to him:
1. She said she wasnt used to these things of living in poverty.
2.She was always on about money.

Now, maybe u need to know these characters to understand the stn a bit more but from the word go, they were bound to end up walking out on each other.

Problem one.
Once a guy turns 30, there aint no way you are going to change the way he thinks or goes about his life. 28, u myt be strechin things a bit but there is surely hope that you might influence him in some way.

Problem two
A young lady who is surrounded by lots of friends getting married will be pressurised to follow suit. She is thus also forced to make partner choices based on the possibility of eventual marriage, a guy of 30 seems a good option, n'est pas?

Problem three
Unless you have redeeming character traits, its not probable that a chick who earns a little more than double what you do will stick with you. She myt if she is a good christain who has heard Jesus speak clearly....

Problem Four The family!!!!!!!
Every relationships curse. This guy was doing well until the family started asking serious qns like "where does he come from" "Who are his parents?" "Where does he work" "How much does he earn?" Does he drive???"

The problems are endless...i just think that sometimes we delude ourselves. The moment u express interest in anyone, u know his/her limitations and you do know what you are signing up for.

The challenge is you remembering that four weeks down the road when the reality isnt measuring up to your ideal and the disappointment overwhelms you.

REALITY BITES!
6 Responses
  1. I think them parents that ask such questions are too shallow. So shallow that one should think twice about marrying their daughters.

    And so are chics who will turn 40 while still going 'round in recursive circles looking for the idealised banker they can feel comfortable fuckin' for the rest of their lives.

    For most of those who are stupid enough to get married and then end up actually happy, it is because of a steely, almost-manic acceptance of compromise as part of what it takes to live with another human for more than one taxi ride.


  2. Savage Says:

    "Wasnt oba rich"= that one is a winner, if you are not the victim.

    Being rich is not everyone's goal.
    I usually tell people that I don't aspire to be rich, just to have enough to be comfortable.And my comfort level is not very high.

    When I finally, make up my mind to marry, if at all I ever do, I can't that I don't dread problem number four.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    indeed wasn't oba rich hmm as for those families that make it their business to get involved in your relationships i thank the almighty that he saved me from them but will he show me the right path to a family that will not ask questions about me?


  4. Tandra Says:

    @27th parents who ask those qns my be shallow but those qns need to be asked. Otherwise ur daughter/sister/niece myt be better off remaining single than actually marryin the punk.

    @savage: being rich isnt everyones goal? since when??? lol.

    @be silent: isnt that a prayer we all make? to find "the family" that wont bug u?


  5. Savage Says:

    since I was born. I don't aspire to be rich, but if I wind up rich I won't throw away the money.

    Too much money makes me evil.


  6. Iwaya Says:

    in the end, whether you want it so or not, it comes to how swinging is your bank account. it's a fact of life. ain't no father gonna let you take their daughter to a one roomed kazigo unless you have already made her pregnant or she's run off with you. even then, somehow they will make the best out of you!