Tandra
I think it an insult to me and everyother consumer in Uganda that we get treated badly, recieve poor quality products and services in untimely fashion and generally have to beg to get some sort of recognition from service providers. This is my solution:

1. T's red alert list.
This list shall be a compilation of offenders who we shall red flag and be courteous enough to send notice of intent to boycott.No one is safe! Everyone who offends you in some sort of way shoud be on this list...Be it conductor in red shirt in taxi UAD 234G, a bar tender in Steakout, brenda the food market chick or even an usher in church! People should know to treat others as they would have themselves treated.
If u can remember actual date n time of offence that would be helpful.

2. T's worst service provider list.
Now this will be like my Razzies award list- My Worst service provider list.Please recommend the worst people be they in telecommunication,sports,media,government with specificity to department/division,business and whatever other sector exists.

3. T's award list.
In appreciation of those who have actually taken heed and have changed from their evil ways,we shall give them "Consumer appreciation Awards".

The criteria for making these lists shall be decided on at a later stage but this be my goal: Stop being pushed around by incompetent service providers when tis my money keeping them in business.

The way i see it if we start a kinda pay-it-forward list, we might actually see some change, one provider at a time!!
7 Responses
  1. Savage Says:

    Genius!
    And I don't normally throw that word around.

    I am gonna neglect to make ya'll recognize this firstie.


  2. Alert: Some ka boda-boda guy somewhere in Kamwokya ... I'll get his number. Evil bugger's bike only pretends to work. Until you're half-way there.

    Service Provider: Umeme.

    Award: None. Oh, wait. Okay, none.


  3. Have a few nominees:

    Category One
    Creepy Ugly Guy who keeps looking at my breasts every time I buy tomatoes from him.

    Category Two
    NW&SC aka The Idiots. It's been a week now and despite numerous calls, they still won't rectify my problem. They say 'the engineers are on the way.' I don't live in Kanungu; how long will it take them to get 13kms out of town?

    :-( tumwijuke


  4. kissyfur Says:

    food provider at my office, Mon Ami( irony) but thats what they call themselves.I highly suspect they recycle yesterdays fries.

    Centinary bank.The tellers need customer service training.


  5. lulu Says:

    hi you !love thenew face of your blog here! wow! still going back to read!


  6. Duksey Says:

    Do put all the waitresses and barmaids in Gulu on the worst list possible.They serve like they are doing you a favour,forget that you are paying the mula


  7. This is a beautiful concept, are you going to include an award list on every blog before you go into other subjects..please do, and for today i have some nominees:
    Red alert and worst provider: UTL internet solutions. I have a business venture in Ug and it relies on internet but those guys are messed up...the network is down more than its up and i still have to prepay the subscription oh my!