Tandra
i attended this really interesting wedding over this weekend, interesting because we were only 70 guests.which is realy rare especially for Africans in Africa. But twas nice, simple and to the point which is prolly coz the couple was also muslim and because they had only invited immediate family and close friends, there wasnt a lot of lugambo going on.

I was a bit disappointed though. When i was growing up, Athena Club was IT, attended a number of parties there and i thought it would be a nice time to relive the memories, so not a good idea! The place is generally for "old people", no offence to anyone who thinks they fall in that category. By old i mean not younger than 55. The receptionist, the Chef, the security guard, the sitting host, the patron next to you...the list goes on.

I had been told the menu had greek food so i prepared myself. The only thing that wasnt traditional African food was possibly the salad (vegetable) and thats prolly coz they used "greek olive oil"...lol...if that exists. Long story short, i wasnt impressed!!

Then i commited the biggest booboo in along time. I was supposed to pick up my aunt at the airport at 12.15pm...a Ugandan read 2.15pm. I organised myself,went visiting people, went to the saloon, did a late breakfast, man was i in the deals! Then my aunt calls asking where i am and i go like "huh??? U back already? Nooooooooooo!"
My family is still having me, making those sly comments abt my inability to read...let them, i'l get them good!

One of my other aunts comes in this weekend...i dont think they will send me this time..lol...oh well! U win some, u loose some

ooooo, i finally went to Zanzi's, yeah, i know behind i am, but when i catch up, hey! Twas ayt, as usual, when people storm a place and you eventually visit the place, you ask what the big deal was, to begin with, Ugandans!
7 Responses
  1. Savage Says:

    Firsties suckers!!

    Now lemme read the post


  2. Savage Says:

    where is Zanzis?

    U know us people from Jinja don't know Kampala.


  3. Rae Says:

    glad I visited!


  4. Iwaya Says:

    it might help to know that i have only walked past Zanzis, it's on Kisementi near Kamwokya Savage. so you're not alone! i hear the pork is to die for! so pigs die in plenty.


  5. @Iwaya: I job in Kamwokya, near the stage, I hog lunch in Kisementi ... but me no know Zanzi's! :o(


  6. Iwaya Says:

    Tandra, some folks need schooling! :)


  7. Tandra Says:

    @iwaya. there's a zanzi's in kisimenti? u have got to give directions!!

    @Nate Zanzi's has two branches, that i know of, one close to Rhino II pub in Ntinda and one right before u get to the junction to Najeera and Kiwatule