Tandra
I have decided to delete pictures from my phone.... yes thats right, i dont have a snazzy camera so forgive my pictures... and as you may have guessed, im getting rid of the ones of food.



Yes joshi...i do eat more than fish!



So, around these be oveeeeeeeeeeer time so i begin to wonder why i still have them...



ooo well....



1. The crocodile, Kisimenti.

I had heard soooooooo much about this place ((okay... years ago!)) so we decided to go see what the big deal was about.



The uncomfortable state of the chairs should have been indication enough of what was NOT to come. (((In case you wondering, they be those haaaard wood chairs we had growing up, practically every one i knew had them growing up.. havent people had of cushions? )))



In all fairness i should state that they do have like wicker chairs outside and those steel like tables at mateos.... but they were all taken so we sat in side.



Tables were bare, save a green bottle and some flowers (cant remember name, me mum wld kill me! im supposed to KNOW these things apparently)



anyway...after debating on wat to eat... we had something something chicken and sauce and a cheese burger. (yes, unlike some people who wont cheat on Dominoz, i need to find another burger hang out placey thingy))



Here is the plate of chicken watever.. (yes, i was soo unimpressed i dont remember the name, chicken tasted like fish in my humble opinion)

Here beez my burger and the main point of my rant. Lets first start with a picture... imma walk you thru eeeeeeeeeeexactly wat happened

That there.. that THING you are looking at... bread (bun slightly bigger than a hotloaf bun) then the burger.. then the yellow goey thingy is cheese MBU. (im abt to go on strike n carry my own cheese to restaurants!) and those fries! manya wedges... but anyway...

In my humble opinion, i was ripped off. I mean, if you are going to give me a burger, and if you are going to buy'em... atleast spend a good 3,400 (max) but noooooo!

Guyz are sooo cheap they didnt even confuse the meal ko with onions... or even tomato.. or cabage at worst!


Please note: next pictures will gross u out...prolly.. ((grins)))


Here in true "awa money" form,i made use of the ketchup, salt, pepper and butter. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally got some taste.

Conclusion: go to the crocodile if you really waaaaaaaaaaant to punish someone and yourself in the process.

2. Rwenzori coffee house, Lugogo Shopping Mall ((yes, sybella.. dont go around calling it SHoprite)))

I dont mind this place, infact it has some good coffee... its nice.
On this particular day, i think the chef took leave of his/her sences. i ordered a burger (yes, i need to get over them).



Nice looking, huh?? (eh just noticed, they also mized on the onion front!!)....

Word of advice: make sure u tell them how well to cook it. Mine was raaaaaaare! im looking at them like "mwe, im an african!!!"

This was the one time i reaaaaaaaaaally wanted to be asked if i had enjoyed my meal.


Above is the sandwhich BLT, i think... u hungry... go get it!

3. Cafe Ballet, Nakasero

I looooooooooooove this place altho i think its coz its like my newest discovery. Let me not spoil it yet... only have pictures from my first visit.. so bear with me... ALso did a burger here... fish though...


Cafe ballet... the thing thats a winner here.. is there sauces... they be the beeeeeeeeeeeest!!

okay...tired of talking food... moving on...

My dad did it to me the other night. I come home tiiiiiiiiiiiiired. ALl i wanted to do was go to bed! so as i pass by their door...our conversation went like

T: Good evening parents, how u doing?

D: okay.... u?

T: okay... how was your day..

D: okay....

T: okay... good night

D: eh!! waiit... go down with this!

T: err...y wld i be going downstairs???

D: To go to your room...

T: BUt daddy... i live next door!!!!

turns out he thought i was my younger sister. i could not understand y he was sending me on suuuuuch plot!

9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    now i am hungry!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hmm you live mbu next door to your parents?


  3. Iwaya Says:

    fooood! that i actually want to eat!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Tandra, stay away from the junk dear. Not only is it really, really, really gross, it photographs really badly.


  5. Way to treat your friends. Food like that on a Monday morning. :o(


  6. Anonymous Says:

    lol... 27th, give me your address and we deliver some food to you like now!

    lol... tandra, thank you for the education. tumwijuke is right, you need to stay away from those burgers. start having salad... only! i'll be your support system, ok?


  7. KK Says:

    Ala! You were right about grossing me out with that second set.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    And the chips/fries are as big as real potatoes.

    -Cheri


  9. candybox Says:

    I discovered to my distress that if i want to eat good meat in a non African restaurant its best to ask for medium rare cos well done means a dehydrated piece of plastic.

    Medium rare is as close as i'll get to something that tastes and looks like meat,